My dear friend, let us move from political patronage, masquerading to be benevolent and imposing foreign ideas onto our local Deaf people. As Raila rightly said what this country needs is a bridge – We are happy to be that tool carrying the aspirations of the Kenyan people to the Promised Land.
- Aland that recognizes Kenyan Sign Language
- A land where qualified interpreters are available to the Deaf free
- A land where the Deaf are not oppressed at home, school, work or community
- A land where there is interpretation on TV, Parliament, National holidays and at hospitals, churches, prison…
- A land where Deaf people become doctors, lawyers, business people
- A land where the Deaf are not objects of benevolence but equal partners in development
- A land where Kenyan Deaf students ins schools have teachers speaking their language KSL
- A land where Mzee Bubu and Kiziwi will be a happy place to gossip, share jokes and not fight some experts!
This is my
For the Kenyan Deaf Community! This is more tangible than paying 30% PAYE to KRA for the MPs to gulp it into their mheshimiwa potbellies!